ST has built a new architecture to reach best-in-class ultra-low-power figures thanks to its high flexibility. STM32L4 MCUs have scored 153 (world record) in the standardized EEMBC™ ULPBench® tests that compare the efficiency of ultra-low-power microcontrollers. Moreover, the STM32L4 series shatters performance limits in the ultra-low-power world. It delivers 100 DMIPS based on its ARM® Cortex®-M4 core with FPU and ST ART Accelerator™ at 80 MHz.
STM32L4 microcontrollers offer dynamic voltage scaling to balance power consumption with processing demand, low-power peripherals (LP UART, LP timers) available in Stop mode, safety and security features, smart and numerous peripherals, advanced and low-power analog peripherals such as op amps, comparators, LCD, 12-bit DACs and 16-bit ADCs (hardware oversampling).
The series is available in 2 different lines: STM32L476 (USB, LCD) and STM32L486 (USB, LCD, AES).
To simplify migration and give you all the flexibility you need, the STM32L4 is pin-to-pin compatible with the different STM32 series and opens the door to the full STM32 ecosystem.
- Ultra-low-power mode: 30 nA with backup registers without real-time clock (5 wakeup pins)
- Ultra-low-power mode + RTC: 330 nA with backup registers (5 wakeup pins)
- Ultra-low-power mode + 32 Kbytes of RAM: 360 nA
- Ultra-low-power mode + 32 Kbytes of RAM + RTC: 660 nA
- Dynamic run mode: down to 100 μA/MHz
- Wake-up time: 5 μs